Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Own Arguments and Opinions


Your Own Arguments and Opinions

I agreed with almost everything Dave was talking about. I understand it’s the law and you have to pay the right amount of licensing fees and registration fees to start a new business. I think that the copyright laws are great. They are there to protect everyone that has created something original. If you want to use someones original work you should pay them. Yes, I wish that some of the laws weren’t so complex. It feels hard just to do a simple task, but that is how it is always going to be. Overall I think that they are there for a great reason. I liked learning about them because I know I will need to use them in the future. “Fair Use Doctrine Permits limited use of copyrighted material without permission of the author.”

“It is illegal to delete copyright information, such as the name of the author or the title of the article. It is also illegal to distribute false copyright information. Thus, anyone who emailed Tom Tomorrow's cartoon without his name on it, or who claimed it was his own work, would be violating the law.”

"International Copyright Treaties: The Berne Convention requires member countries to provide automatic copyright protection to any works created in another member country. The protection expires 50 years after the death of the author.”



No comments:

Post a Comment